Thursday, October 19, 2006

School lunch with the 9th grader-

So today I ate lunch at a public school cafeteria: a blob of big fat greasy spaghetti noodles with a little meat and lots of sauce on a rectangular styrofoam plate. It came with a roll and anything I wanted in the "self-serve" salad bar (which I opted out of, knowing the personal hygiene of junior high students going through the line ahead of me.) It tasted like that canned Chef Boyardee stuff. I felt kind of sick after I ate it. I wanted to ask the students, "how can you eat this stuff everyday?" it's a little wierd that during the time that they are growing the fastest, some, or most of these kids are eating the most discusting food imaginable. School lunch is probably good compared with the junk food they down.

No comments: